February 1, 2009

Journaling

At a recent Enrichment activity, we were asked to resolve and commit to a thing that has been hard for us. One thing that is hard for me is consistently journal. This week started out a bit hard but ended well. I got overwhelmed at the prospect of having three tests within only a couple of days of each other. But I managed to make it through the week and even though I still have a test tomorrow, I feel very confident in my knowledge and that I will be able to get a good grade. I am really enjoying my classes, especially ballet. I really needed to get my butt in gear again because I was lazy this last year after having Lorraine and ballet is a really good workout. Last night I had three girls come to my house for a study group. I was so happy to have them in my home. I realized how much I needed to socialize with someone my own age. We only ended up sitting around talking and did very little studying but it was still just wonderful to have some good people in my home.

Morgan and I have been doing really well and I am really grateful that he is so supportive of me on my bad days. Unfortunately, we really didn't get to spend much time together this week but hopefully next week will be less busy and we will maybe even get a date.

Lorraine has been great this week. She has nine teeth through the gums now! I think she even has a couple more trying to cut. She is also getting better and better at walking which makes me nervous because I know that it will only be a matter of time before she is running! I am really lucky that she is happy and healthy. Below are couple pictures I took tonight in the dress she got from Grandma this Christmas.




This week has started better than last, I went to church this morning (finally). I was having a really hard time with the time change of church and the last couple of weeks I couldn't get my butt out of bed for the most important meeting of the week. Even though Lorraine kept me busy running around I was still able to receive the sacrament and go to Relief Society. I am really grateful for the Relief Society. My RS president is one of the sweetest women I have ever met. She gave the lesson today and it was focused on uniting our RS by doing visiting teaching. I know that most of the visiting teaching lessons I've received in the past have left me feeling more guilty than uplifted but the one today gave me the encouragement I needed. I really do love the women that I visit teach. I just have allowed myself to get lax and lazy about making sure I see them each month. I am grateful for the women who visit teach me, who have never missed a month. It really is a blessed calling to be a visiting teacher. Let us all be better at it.

I hope that all y'all are doing well! I wish the best for all who read my posts! And if you ever need anything please let me know. I may not be able to actually be there to help, but I can definitely talk and listen!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are doing very well and overall the week was good. It's amazing what a difference surrounding yourself with friends and uplifting sisters can make. My friends are what keep my sane, especially on tough days! By the way, your daughter is so cute!

    ReplyDelete