February 23, 2009

Well, another week has gone by and I've only got two more weeks until Spring Break. I am very excited to have a week off for sure! This last weekend I played in concerts. These concerts ended up being amazing which at the beginning of the week I didn't think would happen. We had a very intense rehearsal Monday and it just didn't seem like we were together or that we would play very well. Thankfully, we got it together and played beautifully. The concerts was a memorial concert for our music head's husband, who passed away in November. The pieces we played were combined choir and orchestra, and they were so very well arranged. I was so proud to be a part of that concert.

Last week, I started going to the intermediate ballet class, and boy it did kick my butt. It still was a lot of fun but I realized how much I've got left to learn. I can't wait for tomorrow's classes.

I've also had a lesson last week that was just terrible. I hadn't had a lesson in three weeks because one week I was sick, and the next the teacher was sick, and the third I don't remember why I didn't go. I hadn't had the motivation to practice and it showed in my lesson. My teacher was very frustrated with me and I can definitely understand why. Thankfully, this week I've made the time to practice and feel like I will have a better lesson this week than last.

Lorraine has been so happy this last week and I don't really know why. She has also been sleeping a bit less than normal, I guess that just comes with growing up. Tonight for example, I put her down at her usual bedtime and she stayed awake for a couple more hours just sitting in her bed playing with her stuffed animals. She did that last night too. I don't know why she is doing that but hey as long as she isn't screaming or hurting herself, why not let her stay awake?!

Morgan is working hard and helping with Lorraine like always. There is no news on the jobs yet, hopefully some word will come soon.

Can't wait to see what this next week holds!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad the concerts went well. It would have been so nice to be there, I know it was quite a special tribute to Ron and meant a lot to LeRae. Don't beat yourself up about your lessons. Yes, practice more, but music is a part of your life, it is not the most important part. No matter how much you practice you can have always have practiced more. Anyways, that's just a little advice. The music word drives me crazy sometimes. Professors expect you to eat, sleep, and breath music 24/7. If you wanted to do that you would have gone to a conservatory, not SVU. Okay so I'm going to back down a little. Anyways, I'm so glad things are going so well!

    ReplyDelete