September 14, 2008

Celebration and Trials


Well it has been a while since I last posted anything. I celebrated 21 years of living on this earth on the 8th. It was rather uneventful as I was in class for 6 hours and Morgan had to work that night. But Morgan did make me a cute CD that had a lot of our favorite music on it. We have had a lot of trials since we moved back to Virginia. But it seemed like everything came to its' worse point in the last couple of weeks. Morgan was at work and lost his wedding band. That same night he got a call from his sargeant saying that he would be activated for two weeks. After staying up really late getting ready for the next day, Morgan got up early to drive to Lynchburg. While on the drive the car broke down, so I had to miss all of my morning classes to take him to Lynchburg. Later that night I was thinking could it get any worse? Sure enough it did, I ate some bad food at a local mexican place and ending up getting pretty sick. Thankfully we have great neighbors that took Lorraine for a couple hours so that I didn't have to watch her. I also got a blessing from him, which took away most of the pain. As far as the car being repaired, it won't be. It needs a new engine because the engine seized. But I am grateful for these trials because without them I wouldn't have the faith and trust in the Lord like I do. All these experiences have taught me that trials are going to be continually there for the rest of my life. I just have to get through with a smile and try not to be a pessimist.
Oh and I posted a picture of the Las Vegas temple, just because it is pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment