September 20, 2009

Gratitude

I realized today that sometimes all I do is complain. I am grateful that I have a roof over my head and food to eat and the clothes I wear. I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ that teaches me to be humble. I am grateful that I am able to gain a college education even though it makes for interesting scheduling demands. I am grateful for my husband who cares for me probably more than I know. I am grateful for my temple marriage and that my family is sealed for all eternity provided that I do the work to receive that blessing. I am grateful for my little girl who tests my patience each and every day. I really don't know what I would do without her now. I am grateful for my parents that bestowed upon me wisdom and knowledge, who gave me the greatest childhood I could dream of. I only hope that I am half as good a parent as they are. I am grateful for my siblings even though they (and I) could be such a pain sometimes. My siblings stuck by my side and I love them. I am grateful for my mother-in-law and yes my father-in-law too, who both have been there to support me. I honestly love my mother-in-law and I really lucked out that I didn't have a monster-in-law. I love my visiting teachers who make the effort to come an visit me each and every month. I am grateful for their friendship and fellowship. I am grateful that she called me today when she didn't see me at stake conference to tell me what had happened. I am grateful most of all of my Savior, even Jesus Christ, who has enabled me to be better than I could have ever imagined. I am grateful for the chances He gives me when I screw things up. I am grateful for His hand when I fall. I am grateful for the peace He brings me when I am sad, angry, or upset. I am also grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who reassures me when I feel like I am lost. I am grateful to be a part of a Church that has the full and restored truth and has the restored priesthood that was used to build and create this Earth and was used by Christ himself. I am grateful that Morgan is an honorable priesthood holder. I have much to be grateful for, and could go on for pages but this is where I will end.

1 comment: